You are hereWhy Choose Little River?
Why Choose Little River?
"We have been thrilled with how much our children have gained from their Little River experience. They come home filled with descriptions of what they have learned and are eager to keep on learning."
- Students help direct their own education with the support of staff
- All ages working together
- Students develop self-reliance and confidence and self-motivation rather than being motivated by external rewards
- Community involvement
- Hands-on activities
- Each student has an individualized curriculum set by the student, parents and teachers together
- Opportunities to study at home
- Appreciation of the natural world around us
- Students learn how to problem-solve and make decisions as well as take responsibility for their actions
- Commitment to nonviolence and nondiscrimination
- Students learn at their own pace